Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I was wondering if you can sue a company that is doing

Customer Question

Hi! I was wondering if you can sue a company that is doing illegal work. These big IT company's hire smaller electrical company's to do this work. If you refuse your out of a job. They know what the rules are but there using this as a loop hole. So they can say it's not them doing the work. Should they not have to do some due diligence to make sure the work is being done safe. I'm just checking because it looks like someone has to die in order to them to follow the rules or I'm hoping they can be sued. Money or death seem to make changes. If someone could help would be appreciated
Regards *****
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 27 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you appear to be in a very difficult situation but I don't yet understand the facts.

Can you please start at the beginning and tell me what is going on? Also let me know your province.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I was in a difficult situation, I removed myself from the situation I pretty sure I stressed out. I am electrician that worked in Ontairo number one It hub. We do live work for big IT company's. They use small company's. Should something happen it's over. I should also say I have worked in the same building for over 15 years. I have worked for 3 different company's ( but that's other story) so I have watched this go on. Because I was the one doing the work. I have no live training other then the 30 years in the trade. Once I found out I can go to jail should someone die I'm out! The short and skinny of this could I sue a big company for negligence. If so I will seek more help if not go on with life.

Are you saying that you believe that the big company is negligent for hiring a small company with employees that don't have the right training?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No they use small company's because 1 server down could cost million dollars a min. Big electrical companies can fight . Small company's will not be able to incite the fall out. But does it matter if company's are big or small. If you have been informed not to do it. ( work live they do it to make moneyThey don't do anything to stop it are they still not at fault ? There what's driving it all.

I am sorry but I don't understand the facts or your concern.

I don't understand what the big company is doing to you and what damages you have suffered.

I need you to start at the beginning and take your time and explain all the facts. If you don't have time now you can do that later on or tomorrow but it cannot be rushed.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
They are having people working on live gear 600v , 347v, 240, 110v not using the right government paper work, not the right ppe. It's IT don't want shut people's internet off. Or visa these are very big company's.

So how does this harm you?

To sue you have to be able to show damages.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 26 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.