Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Can the bank legally foreclose and then sell the house when

Customer Question

Can the bank legally foreclose and then sell the house when the mortgage or the deed was never registered with MPAC, or anywhere else in my name? In other words the lawyers never completed the job and registered the deed in on our names. Neither did the Town we bought the house in. We still received tax bills in the previous owners name.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

The bank could foreclose because the mortgage was registered on title and went into default.

If there was some error on the part of the lawyer and title was never transferred properly the new owners may have a problem but I don't see how this will affect you.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?