Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

If a neighbour wants me to remove something of mine that's

Customer Question

If a neighbour wants me to remove something of mine that's on his property, can he then charge me if i go on his property to remove it?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in edmonton, canada.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. i had a previous dispute with him about something he had on my property for months, but he said. he wanted my camera, which is on his shed, taken down.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he said he would have me charged if I went to take my camera down. Our two cameras are sharing my power.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. I am not quite following the facts.

He told you to take the camera down as it is yours but said you cannot enter his property to do so?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, he said he could have me charged if I went on his property to remove it. Isn't he inviting me on his property by asking me to remove the camera?

He is telling you to enter his property. He is not making a bit of sense.

I suggest that you try and get him to tell you in writing he wants you to remove the camera. Can you email him?

If you have an email saying come and remove the camera how will the police take him seriously if he calls them after that?

Otherwise call the police and say you need their assistance to escort you onto someone's property as peacekeepers. Tell them you've been told by the neighbour to remove your camera but at the same time the neighbour is saying they will have you charged for trespassing.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?