Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am from Hamilton Ontario. I have a question I need an

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am from Hamilton Ontario. I have a question I need an answer to so I hope you can help me. I am on long term disability and right now I receive benefits from Manulife through my company that I work for. The question I have is, can Manulife make me applied for early cpp, as I am only 56 years old.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, I am in Ontario Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, this is something Manulife keeps asking me to do, but I don't know if it is something I have to do or it is something they just want me to do, hence, it will save them money. I have been told that if I apply too early it will affect my cpp.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry, it is Great west life not Manulife. Our company just switched to Manulife.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.Are they actually asking you to apply for CPP early or are they actually asking you to apply for CPP disability benefits?