Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Can an owner of lakefront property construct a house on said

Customer Question

Can an owner of lakefront property construct a house on said property, knowing full well that there exists three separate deeded accesses to the lakefront granted in perpetuity?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the Province of Quebec
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not so far as the building of a house is concerned, but there has been ongoing negotiations with lawyers on both sides regarding the rights of the holders of the deeded accesses.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As we are English and all proceedings and communications have thus far been in French, it is difficult for us to understand our rights. We have presently dropped our lawyers due to the lack of funds and are presently trying to present our case ourselves.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Is the house cutting off your access to the lakefront?