How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an American citizen who has a child by a Canadian

Customer Question

I am an American citizen who has a child by a Canadian mother and the child was born in Canada. Trying to find out which direction to go to find out my legal rights regarding my child.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Bolton, ON
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, she filed. I'm supposed to report for court in October
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just trying to find out my legal rights as a father, thank you.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Are you asking for a second opinion or did you want to continue with me?

Related Canada Law Questions