Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I work for McDonalds, I have worked for them for almost 7

Customer Question

I work for McDonalds, I have worked for them for almost 7 years now. Iam a swing manager and have been working my way to salary, my company owner has sent me on the course for it last October with a fellow employee. after the course there was 1 spot for salary and she got the position, come January I was told they were sending me to another store so I could get the next position because there was no other spot at that store, so February I was to go to the other store, 2 days after I find this out, I found out that they promoted 2 others after I was told I had to go to the other store. I was at my new store location for about a month and they promoted someone else and told me that there was no other spot available for another promotion. sence all this has happened the last person they promoted has left and they gave the position to someone else. Iam gonna add that I have a clean work history with them I have no write ups no missed shifts I go in on my days off if they need me to. The people that they have promoted are literally half my age, I feel like I should say something but Iam not sure how to go about it. Iam working with a store manager that treats me very poorly to the point were Iam on stress leave right now due to all this. Is there anything I can do
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Dartmouth nova scotia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: no union and Iam full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you believe this is a result of discrimination? In other words could this be related to your race, colour, religion etc?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.