Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My Mother has rented two homes in a lot to Mother in front

Customer Question

My Mother has rented two homes in a lot to Mother in front home and daughter in rear home. For 35 years my mothers rented to these tenants at very low rent amounts, almost half of what they should have rented for. I have raised the rents but not at the amount they should be. My Mother has Dementia now, I her daughter was appointed successor Trustee with a Durable power of Attorney and my plan is to give these tenants a 60 days notice to vacate as it is very difficult to get any work done at the properties because the sons on the front home who are over 50 years old complain about the noise, the workers make because they need their sleep. I believe the Mother has the garage rented although she denies it. these men are perfectly healthy and do not work. This is not a rent control city, tenants have said that my mother would have to give them from $5000-10,000 to relocate. Please advice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What province are you in please?

What type of work are you talking about?