Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I own a house in joint tenant with my estranged partner. We

Customer Question

I own a house in joint tenant with my estranged partner. We are on excellent terms and both want to sell our house.
Our realtor and I are having major problems.
Myrna (the realtor) said last week she has a full price offer in an email with no conditions.
My ex partner is in a hunting camp in the Yukon and cannot be reached....he comes out on September 24th.
Myrna said she will not show me or send this offer until she can show us both at the same time.
My ex said to me before he left to accept a full price offer.
I do not believe that she has this offer.
Can she withhold this offer from me to view....I know my partner has to see it and agree also.
If there is an offer and I can see it then I can start planning for movers etc.
This house is in Atlin BC approximately 2500 kilometres from where I am moving too.
I need to see this offer ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

She is actually required to put all offers to you. That is always the case. And she most assuredly does not have to show the offer to both of you at once. In fact in most cases the partners or spouses are not on good terms and so an offer is never presented to both at once.

I suggest you contact the broker, her boss, and explain what is going on and make it clear that this is entirely unacceptable and that you will treat this as a breach of her contract with you if you are not shown the offer at once.

I agree with you. I don't believe there is one either.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please call me.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if she doesn't show me this so called offer can I buy out my partner. She knew that I was trying too and I now have the money... And she knows she will not be getting a commission do this

I don't know what you mean.

What has buying out your partner to do with this offer?

Is it that you can buy your partner out at the offer price?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.