Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I live in New Westminster, BC. October 07, 2015, I bought a

Customer Question

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I live in New Westminster, BC. October 07, 2015, I bought a new started from a mechanic . He told me it I have a one-year warrenty. On Wednesday ,sept 07, starter died. I called BCAA because I have a membership with them. the man that came to help me hit the starter with a metal in an attempt to fix it , but he was not able to start the car. so, he had my car tow. At the shop, the mechanic refuse my warranty on grounds that the damage was done by the BCAA Employee. BCAA took responsibility and replaced the started. Picking up my car, I ask the mechanic for receipt regarding the work done on my car and warranty. He refused to give either. when I told him that I would file a complaint , he told he to do whatever I want to do. he was not going to give me anything.
What can I do to get my receipt and warranty?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Vancouver , BC- Cannada
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Nothing yet. this is my first attempt.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. when I first told the mechanic that my starter was dead before the expiration of the one year warranty, he began to argue that it was not one year. He said, it was xis months. then he told me he can do the labour free, but I will have to buy a new satrter
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that this happened.

What is his reasoning?

For example, did BCAA pay so he didn't want to give you the receipt?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thanks.
I will use my local BBB to settle because I don't have the service fees.