Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a PR from Quebec Skilled Migration program. I still

Customer Question

I have a PR from Quebec Skilled Migration program. I still need to enter into canada, i have some time. I have two questions?
1) With my first entry to Canada, can I land anywhere in Canada or only in Quebec?
2) Most importantly, After getting the PR card, Can i work anywhere in Canada or i need to work only in Quebec? What is the rule?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

You can land in Quebec.

If they determine that you never intended to live in Quebec you can face deportation and the loss of your PR status.

So you need to be careful in terms of what you do.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I will answer back again in the morning if you still need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the reply.I can agree that, i need to land in Quebec. Just consider, after landing in Quebec, I had applied to the PR card and I got my PR card. I start searching jobs in Quebec, but not able to find any relevant jobs that matching my profile. In that case, Can i move to anywhere in Canada? Will that affect my citizenship at later point?

So long as you can prove you intended to settle in Quebec and then tried and could not manage that will be OK.

It will not affect your citizenship.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do we have any timeframe, which stated how many days/weeks that we need tried for job before moving to elsewhere? For instance, I tried 2-4 weeks and didn't get anything, then can i move anywhere else? What evidence, we need to show that, we had tried for jobs and to where we need to submit before leaving Quebec?

There is no time frame. It is simply that you may need to show you had the intention of settling in Quebec.

There is no specific proof needed but if you do try and find jobs you should keep proof of that.

I do have to go to sleep now but can still help in the morning if necessary.

It is all about your intentions of being able to prove that when you entered you still had the intention of living in Quebec.

I noticed that you did not rate me.

Does that mean you still have follow-up questions?

If you do please ask them.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?