Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was born to a Canadian father in a country other than

Customer Question

I was born to a Canadian father in a country other than Canada on September 1993. For the pass 22 years, i have been living in that country. However, I've moved to Calgary a little over a year ago to pursue my Master's degree. I'm a canadian citizen through my father.
During that time(Past 23 years, my father has never lived in Canada and had virtually zero connections to Canada.
So my question is, Under the law, am I eligible to claim the accumulated "child money" that I never recieved?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What do you mean by child money?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
basically Canada child benefit!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Things like Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) and Universal child care benefit (UCCB)

You are not entitled any of those credits.

Those are benefits paid to parents who live and raise their children in Canada.

The money does not go to the child and you were not raised in Canada in any event.

I am sorry that is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?