Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

Prov. Quebec Divorce. I was temporarily awarded support due

Customer Question

Prov. Quebec Divorce . I was temporarily awarded support due to a 2009 work injury to the head and neck. The ruling was based on my Neuro. surg. Doctor in collaboration with a Ortho surg. who is licensed to perform court approved expertise. I received a subpoena to remit all medical records to court for the ex spouse is demanding a counter expertise to refut the findings of my doctors. I received papers to sign to agreement to go to their chosen doctor on said date and bring my medical files. I was highly pressured to sign the papers. I was advised they have the legal right too demand a counter expertise and if I refuse , I could lose support, pay court fees and negative view from my lord justice. All along , I keep asking - if it's the law and I must or else , why do have to sign,? Why not just order me too go? Since april, I have had a leg injury that caused a skin bacteria that required monitoring daily along with strong antibiotics, I slipped and dislodged my ribs from the chest plate cartilage and required oral surgery. 3 weeks later my mother passed away and 2 weeks later my 15 year old faithful newf. dog and the loss of a relationship of 9 months with a wonderful woman. The next week - blod clot in my legt While at the clinic, the nurse notice that I was out of sorts and had not slept for days. when asked questions I had a brake down and they would not allow me leave to go home for 4 hours. I'm now seeing a socialworker/phycologst thierand am taking and assortment of meds for all the above. My gut tells me that I should not have signed. Everyone else says I needed too. I'm not 100% and very insecure right now. What would you advise me to do for the papers will be filed in court tomorrow am.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure I can send files from my case. Possibility of upsetting my present lawyer. What would you need to know to answer?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

When did you sign the agreement?

Are you saying you did not have independent legal advice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you require additional information.?

You never answered my information request.

Here they are again:

When did you sign the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have replied you 3 times and it does not register on the screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
signed 530pm. I'm asking for a second opinion on the issue of subpoena demanding I give all med records to them and see a doctor they chose and pay to perform a counter expertise to reduce or cancel my support. I was told the judge will order me to do if I do not sign and it could immediate negative result as well as court fees. Why do I have to sign if this is the case. I still being treated for a break down and depression and taking 4 medications. My lawyer would not return my messages from April to yesterday. The pressure and fear tactic was applied and I signed. I asked for a postponement do recuperate and was told it was not possible. I don't know if the information I received is correct and still don't understand why I would have to sign if the end result would be to be order by the superior court judge to see their paid for doctor. Why wold I have to pay thousands in court fee if I exercised my right to say no and not sign in agreement to see their doctor? Is their an alternative stratigy. essentially asking for a second opinion on information I received from my attorney and the pressure put on me to sign. court is at 9 am in a few hours. Do I still have a change to recind the agreement and should I?

I do not understand.

Are you saying you agreed to provide medical evidence and you are sorry you did?

You agreed because your own lawyer said the judge would order it anyway?