Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Could you please explain this to me. The system is set up so

Customer Question

Could you please explain this to me.
The system is set up so kids "may" have equal house holds. We share half the raising(alternate weeks with me), yet I pay full the costs. So why is it that while the mother leach's off the system, having no job, collecting government money, she is rewarded with free money from everyone and given endless free time with the kids and for herself, while I am the one being penalized for being a contributing citizen, paying taxes, paying child support, while working a full time job. I need to work overtime, never miss a day of work due to sickness whether for my kids or myself. Never able to enjoy activities or move forward in my own life. I have to literally bust my ass to support her leeching lifestyle. How does this make for an equal household? I give 120 % and she gives 0%. I'm penalized while she is rewarded. If the system is set for the kids, why does the mother get the rewards.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying the mother is not working and gets social assistance?

Do you believe she can work but is deliberately unemployed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is fully capable of working...lost a perfectly good job due to bad choices
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you don't mind I would prefer to text... that way I have documentation.

So you can apply to the court to reduce the child support based on the fact the mother should and could be worker but is deliberately not employed.

The court will impute income to her and set the support based on her imputed income.

That way you will be able to reduce the support you pay her.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does that change if she is claiming stress? As she is saying she is under stress, although has not worked in several months.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying hard to be non-judgmental, but she is a manipulator.... of people, of the system.

So what if she is under stress. Who isn't?

If she can bring in medical evidence that she is unemployable for now that would help her for now.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?