Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My self ( and doughter ) and my friend ( with wife and two

Customer Question

My self ( white and doughter ) and my friend ( with wife and two children's ages 3 and 6 visited I resort on this last weekend , it was a great check in and after we left hotel, we back to hotel at around 8:30 pm and went into the swimming pool stayed there until 10 pm, I went back to my room at about 10:15 and heard that my friend is in lobby ncouse guy next door to home complain about noises, while he was there I joind him with my doughter and stayed there becouse kids did not wanted to sleep, at about 11:15 while I was going back to my room the guy next to my friend room come out naked stated shouting and banging door and stated cursing us in the lobby while a hotel night crew member was present there and eating this all did not interfered, my doughter got scared and we told the him we are coming from lobby and I went back to my room as my doughter was so scared and slept , next morning I come to know that by friend and his two children's were forced to move out of there room in middle of the night when hotel management called police and and entered in their room without knocking or informing my friend on front desk , when police entered in the room kids were sleeping but they Mede them moved to other room, we need some legal advice in this regards ***** ***** like hotel negligence , impartiality and bad conflict resolution technique used by them.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Your post is hard to follow as there are so many typos. Perhaps you are using your phone to post the question?

So let me see if I got this right.

Your friends were forced to move out in the middle of the night because the hotel staff called the police after the guest in the neighbouring room complained because your friend and his family were making noise?

Is that it?

And are you saying they were not making noise?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's right, until about 10 pm we were in swimming pool and after first compliant we brought kids to in lobby and stayed there about 11:15 pm. My room was 421B far away that guy room which wa 416A he comeout side and started shouting on us me , my wife and doughter she really got scared scared I told him we are comming from lobby and were very quite not making any noises, hotel crew member was present there at that time did confronted him but we went back to our room without and arguments , next morning I come to know that hotel management Called the police and entered my friend room with out out knocking and forced them to move which to other room they had to wake kids ups and followed instructions. We feel it was a misjudgement from hotel management they realized it the morning becouse trying to compensate my friend next morning but he did not accept it. We strongly believe that it was hotel negligence , ethnic impartiality and bad conflict resolution used by them.

The shocking thing is that the kids were sleeping so how was noise being made?

Are you saying you think that this happened because of your friends ethnicity?

What did the offer them?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it should be mentioned in the report because as per my friend kids were sleeping when hotel crew member called the police. hotel offer the one free night stay.

This is really disgusting. How they could treat a family with young children like this is really beyond belief and these little children were asleep. There was no noise and they made those parents pick up tiny sleeping children and leave.

It is simply inexcusable and of course your friends don't want to stay there again. Who would?

I suggest that your friends consider retaining a lawyer to send the hotel a very strongly worded letter. The letter would set out the facts, make it clear that it is believed this sickening treatment is a result of discrimination and threaten a lawsuit.

If that doesn't work in terms of getting damages then your friend has two different options to consider.

The first is he can consider filing a complaint with the human rights commission. There is no charge for doing that and your friend does not need a lawyer but it may be hard to prove discrimination in this case. The other option would be to sue in Small Claims Court and self-represent. Your friend can sue for up to $25,000 in this court. If your friend decides to go that route and finds that they need some help as they go through the process they can always post on the site and I can assist them.

There is no doubt that the hotel treated them horrendously and that they will be entitled to damages.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I strongly believe that because same half naked guy who was complaining about noises also shouted on myself and my family while we were crossing in from of his room he come out side and started shouting on my wife and me banging doors by daughter really got scared and does not want to go in any resort in future also. the crew member watching it all did not interfere.

I agree with you. I am truly horrified that this happened to all of you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you like I can provid your information any contact number to his wife she will explain every thing in details, how about my family emotional damage specially my southern can I file complain about that person in room 416A and how?

I cannot speak to anyone on the telephone but I already know enough of the facts and my answer explains what you should do.

If you feel that this ruined your time at the resort as well then you can also join in your friend's lawsuit and sue the hotel for damages at the same time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's you advice for me if I want to file my complain seperatly about that guy in room 416A for harassment to my family?

You cannot complain about the guy. He was sickening but he didn't owe you anything.

It would be the hotel you would sue if the failed to take care of you.