Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Is it possible to Change your court date a day before you

Customer Question

Is it possible to Change your court date a day before you have to be there ?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

What type of court case is this?

What is the reason you need to change the court date?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's for a DUI. I'm sick and not sure If I can make it. My court dates on Wednesday September 7 Is there any way I cound change it in that time
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Yes.

You can call the crown's office tomorrow and indicate that you need an adjournment as you are sick. You may be asked for a doctor's note.

If you cannot get through to the Crown tomorrow you will have to have someone else attend court on your behalf and ask for an adjournment on the grounds that you are ill.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Did it work out?