Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was at pickering Town center today and a Sears Securty

Customer Question

I was at pickering Town center today and a Sears Securty Guard came up to me in the mall and told me I was under arrest for shoplifting sheets and baby clothes I followed him back to his office and allowed him to search my stroller and bags he did not find anything he let me go but I was just wondering he did not search my car so will he hunt me down and charge me. because I did not take anything and I just found out the parking lot has security cameras and I have no way of proving I did not take anything hours after it happened
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Ontario Canada and today about 2 hours ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no he just traumatized my daughter
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

I am not sure what you are saying.

Are you saying you are worried you will be charged after they look at the security camera footage?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!