Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a situation and am wondering if there is anything

Customer Question

hi I have a situation and am wondering if there is anything legally that I can do. my boyfriend asked to take our son for a week vacation as I had a week and he said he deserved a week my son is 22 months . we went to mediation and I agreed to the one week with the specifics that if he were to work he would have to bring him home to me in the daytime and he signed the agreement and it was endorsed. he has worked all week and left my son with his girlfriend and not abided by the agreement, is there anything legal I can do. I am the custodial parent.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

And when you say the agreement was endorsed what do you mean?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ontario. in mediation is was agreed upon by both parties and signed and filed with the court

As the agreement was file with the court it has the same effect as a court order. It is now a court order in fact.

So you can seek to enforce it.

You can bring him to court to enforce the order.

And you can seek a finding of contempt.

You can also seek to vary the order/agreement since he cannot be trusted and this cannot happen again.

Does that help as a starting point.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We go to court tommorow for a case conference my lawyer said to me that we will bring it up tommorow as you can only get an emergency order if they are trying to leave the country.so maybe she is waiting until tommorow to present it to the judge I wasn't sure if she was saying that because we couldn't do anything and just to mention it to the judge but probably she meant when she spoke to me that one more day and we will deal with it....I am sure that this is the case as she would know what you have told me

You will be OK.

This will be handled tomorrow.

What happened in court?