Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

A few months back my 70yr grandmother wanted to buy me a

Customer Question

A few months back my 70yr grandmother wanted to buy me a computer. We researched, and with the help of a local company named mothers computers, we figured that building a custom PC would be the best we could get for our medium budget of $1000. We asked mothers computers to build it for us as we have bought from them before and they provided reliable service. This time however, they showed only a few minor parts of the computer on the receipt, and said it was one of the pre-built computers on their website just modified to fit our budget. Me not knowing enough about computers at the time figured we were getting a good deal, we take it home, plug it in, and it's completely opposite of what we were asking for. The final price was around $1100... We had asked for a full gaming pc setup for our money (Monitor, computer, peripherals,etc). After taking the PC apart, checking every item number, looking up the corresponding part, and adding it to a PCPartPicker list, the total was $722.00. It included a monitor, keyboard, mouse, case, and any and all parts inside the PC.
After going back to the store to get a refund, we were directed to a no refund sign I had never recalled seeing and kicked out of the store with the computer and our money in their pockets.
They have a bit of legal leverage and I'm wondering what the best course of action is.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here's the parts list I made: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/tree10010011101/saved/YQRNnQ
Here's their website: http://www.mothercomputers.com/
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shit I accidentally clicked that
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

It's OK. Don't worry about the phone call.

Are you saying you simply did not get what you paid or and also that you were overcharged?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!