Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mother was robbed by her own daughter of $29,000.00, by

Customer Question

my mother was robbed by her own daughter of $29,000.00, by getting my mother to put her name daughter's) on her bank account..my mother re-wrote her will in 2008, but the bank did not tell my mother that she(mom) could remove all the money , putting it into a different account, as long as a few dollars were left in the original account thereby keeping it open..what would be a reasonable amount to sue the bank for?????? mom was heart broken and never even had enough money pay rent, sask power,her med's, or anything..her daughter in law had to pay most of my mother's bills..thanks a million for any help
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am saddened to hear this story.

But, why would she sue the bank and not her daughter?

And why do you feel she can sue the bank? I just need a bit more clarification.

Thanks

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!