Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

If a director of a company by-passed password protection on

Customer Question

If a director of a company by-passed password ***** on the company computers of another director and an employee in an effort to access personal information email accounts and drop boxes installing malware spyware and antiforensic software without notifying the employee and director. Has a crime been committed
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Did the other director and the employee know that their computers were not private?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they did

There are several issues here and the director's issues are going to be different than the employee's.

For example, the employee may be able to quit and sue for constructive dismissal.

But the bot***** *****ne is that because there was no reasonable expectation of privacy and because the computers belonged to the corporation no crime has been committed.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?