Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Sobreo,70 yrs old,live in ********** ontario,last 22 of ju e

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** yrs old,live in ********** ontario,last 22 of ju e 2015 at 6 pm,hers came a project manager of ontarioconsumers retail services,he told me, i want to see your enbridge bill and i wsnt to see your furnish,i thought hes working from the govt,i showed him the furnish and told me that the black pipe is dangerous and obsolete,so we have to change this,becasuse i had my stroke last 2012,so im taking medication for high blood pressure,when i heard what he said my blood pressure went up and i felt confused,i dont kniw what to do,i dont why everytine he asked me to install the airconditioner,i thought he just change the pipe,but instead he change the whoke furnish,i have my water softener akready,i just fully paid it,he change it, my thankless machine from reliance he change,to sumit up my rental cost less than 400 dollars a month,so last april this year i read in kississauga news about it,i dont know who to ask for help and to ask an advice,when i read this i went to councilor rae,then 1 month passed she told me i dont beling to her ward,so she referred me to mpp takhar,one month passed i called thenhe told me because i signed the contract and told me to calk ontario consumers protection act,but i reviewed my contact,i signed the contract of the furnish june 22,2015 and thetankless,the conditoner and the water softener i signed june 27,2015,but they installed everything on june 23,2015,can you pkease help me do something about this.,i read in the miss.news also that a year ago and i search that may 28,2015,the province passed regulations banning door to door sales for electricity and natural gas contractz by passing the strengthening consumer protection and electricity system oversight act.thank you ,im looking forward hearing from your advuce
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Are you saying that you were tricked into purchasing a furnace, the water softer and an air conditioner from Reliance?

Are you also saying that you did not notice this for quite a while?

Weren't the payments much higher as compared to what you had to pay Enbridge?

When you contacted the consumer protection branch did they say that you were much too late?