Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a salon/spa and my business insurance company is

Customer Question

I have a salon/spa and my business insurance company is dropping me because of a open claim against me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

But I don't see a question here. What legal information would you like from me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can the insurance company actually cancel my insurance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the claim is still open and usually don't they have to keep the client on board till it is settled

There is no law that says an insurance company must provide you with insurance or must continue your insurance. In fact if you read your policy somewhere in there you will see that you agreed that it could be cancelled at any time by them. They have to return any unused premium that you paid but otherwise they are unfortunately free to do what they want.

I wish I had a more optimistic answer for you.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.