Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Not yet, Have a question regarding a return to funds to

Customer Question

Not yet
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Have a question regarding a return to funds to Great West Life. Company says I owe them $18000 plus filing and a 6% interest on unpaid balance and have 30 days to respond.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, Received a disability pension from Workers Comp but got it in a lump sum due to be back dated. This is for injury sustained in 1974 and operation to repair injury in 1977. Its a long story anyhow got a pension due to the fact this operation has been shown to dissolve shoulder joint and cannot be repaired again until I get a shoulder replacement. There for the pension for pain and suffering.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Now GWL paid me loss of income for my being off work due to totally different circumstances. Ie. surgery 3 times, depression, assaults etc. All documented via doctors. When I was off for the right shoulder them it reverted back to Compensation. Totally different and we pay for plan with our own money so believe this should not be allowed to proceed. Need to know how to move forward. I don't live in BC anymore but live in Ontario. Thank you
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Mike Hinksman(###) ###-####cell(###) ###-####home what's next thank you
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are they saying that this was a pre-existing injury?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
British Columbia, Canada

That's not what I asked.

I asked if they are saying this is a pre-existing injury. Your post is not clear.