Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I have a protection order through British Columbia Family

Customer Question

I have a protection order through British Columbia Family Law from my ex-husband. His belongings are still in my house and I have been waiting for the RCMP to contact me. I haven't heard from them. The phone rang about an hour ago and I missed the call. Then, my ex-husband's friends came around to my house just 5 minutes ago.I pressed record on my phone. They clearly stated that my ex sent them to come ask me about coming to pick up his stuff.Is this a violation of the protection order? If I report this, is there a chance that the RCMP will say something like it's not a violation because he's just trying to get his stuff back?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apparently, the RCMP allowed this. I told the RCMP officer that this is a clear violation and he got impatient and said we just had to get this over with. This really surprises me.I can't delete the question, so I'm writing a follow-up.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Hello thanks for the question.

You've spoken to the RCMP about it, and it seems like you have your answer.

You could ask the site to close the thread, and if you made a deposit ask for it to be returned. Just send a note to customer service.

Unless there was something that you wanted to discuss with me about your situation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's ok, I have a membership. Thanks, though.The only thing I would ask is how on earth this was permitted, but oh well.

I hope you're getting value out of your membership.

How was what permitted? I'm happy to discuss this with you. And there's no pressure to rate or accept if you're on a membership. What's on your mind?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's ok. I was just surprised that an RCMP officer told my ex to send someone to my house, which is a clear violation of the protection order. They phoned and I was outside and missed the call. If I had taken more than a day to call back, I could understand sending someone to my house, but 30 minutes? That's unreasonable, in my opinion. Whatever, it's done. Thanks for answering my question.

No problem. Depending on your subscription type, you might want to send a not to customer service, asking that this thread not count towards your question limit.

Good luck

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

I see that this thread is still open, have you resolved that issue with the RCMP?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's still open because my account doesn't work.

I'll send a note to customer service to contact you.