Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Of my mom for care and property my Mom has some memory loss?

Customer Question

Hi I'm POA of my mom for care and property my Mom has some memory loss ? lives with my niece : I've asked over N over , to talk to mom on phone , niece says no , says mom wants nothing to do with me , then says I do t have a mother , my Mo. Is 94 in Nov ,on oxygen , N would really like 2 be able to spend time with her ,or aleast talk 2 her on the phone , my mom is skate ,N does what they ask ,so they don't kick her out ! They won't even let her see her other family members either ? As p o a do I not have any rights ? To know what's going on with her ! Sorry really in the dark on this one thks Judy
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There are a lot of typos and I am not positive I understand the facts.

Are you saying your mother is not mentally competent and you are appointed under a continuing POA for finances and also for a continuing POA for care?

And your mother lives with your niece who won't let you visit or see your mother?

Do you want your mother to continue to live there or not?

Are you saying your mother is scared and afraid she will be kicked out if she doesn't listen to the niece?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
call me please

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

So please answer my questions so I can assist you.