Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

How does a person qualify for Stress leave? The idea of

Customer Question

How does a person qualify for Stress leave? The idea of going to work gives me anxiety & headaches, my boss hired a women that I had a Peace Bond on years ago.
Plus we had to ban the lady from our establishment twice & it was heartbreaking when I found out I would have to work w her
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nova Scotia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I can't think right off hand, but there's a long line of family history
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

Are you asking about paid sick leave?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
stress leave?.

There is no such thing as stress leave. That is a common misconception. You are not entitled to leave for stress.

You may be entitled to sick leave if you can bring in medical evidence that you are sick and so are temporarily unable to work.

Do you see what I mean?

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?