Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was just wondering how long it would take to do a probate?

Hi, I was just wondering how long it would take to do a probate? He died on June 17th of this yr. The first part of it is over with and it has been about 5 weeks since we sent it off to probate court. It says online it takes 6 weeks. How long does it take? Does the time of yr matter?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't but I am not the one handling it. It is my cousin.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I am paying 10,000 dollars out and so is everyone else involved.

Thanks for your question.

What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Manitoba
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would just like a answer

Yes the time of year does matter because Judges are on vacation during the summer.

Things will speed up after Labour Day.

This may not go through until then.

But you can call the courthouse and ask.

Sometimes calling does speed things up.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but the lawyer firm has already contacted them twice and has had no response. Could it take longer or shorter then the probate judge to see it?

If the law firm has contacted them twice then I think you will likely have to wait a couple of more weeks. I am sure you will have this by mid-September.

The legal system really almost grinds to a halt over the summer in most cases aside from really urgent matters.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks

You are very welcome.

I hope this works out soon.

I am sorry for your loss.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Manitoba

I don't know why you told me your province. I already knew it and I also answered and you thanked me.

I was just checking back to see if you needed me any more. You didn't rate me yet so I thought you were waiting to ask me something else.

If that is not the case please rate me as I cannot get paid until you do.

Thanks