Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Involved in neighbour dispute I was forced to leave my home

Customer Question

involved in neighbour dispute I was forced to leave my home and been living with a friend been to court but keeps remanding..cuz I have no lawyer..my questions are
1. how do I subponae neighbors around my house as character witnesses that I am not a bad neighbor?
2. there is a full court report on her staements as to what happened in several disputes over the few weeks..how do I create my own document to tell my side the police took the word of the couple next door over mine police were called by them 5 times which finally led to my removal from my home I need to come up with how to word my side of the story..the complaints fro them stemmed to loud music I played during the day..never late at night as I was renovating my house..other incidents provokd them to call police stupidly..they are in the wrong as well and have made soe false statements toward me in court documents and police reports..how can I proceed with wording etc. as I cannot affoed a lawyer? I was displaced from my home and have had to pay a lot of out of pocket money to live plus pay bills at my empty house for 8 weeks now
3. do I have a chance to counter sue for costs of being displaced against them? and how do I go about it?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Why did you have to move out?

Did your landlord evict you?