Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I hadon't a leak in my apartment that was noticed Thursday

Customer Question

I hadon't a leak in my apartment that was noticed Thursday landlord check leak could see where it was coming from and rudely left with out cleaning water from the carpet and left that up to me they gave me a fan I asked for to use. Now last night saw the leak got worse and is soaked the carpet and now smells musty. Shouldn't he have come to check last night? I'm still waiting for him to deal with this and am worried about mold now that the carpet has been wet for so long.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: It's in Ontario Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I can't talk to anyone till tomorrow
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He's been a rude ass never had issues with anyou landlord until now. Are stove burner hasn't been fixed though I told him months ago, fridge light is busted because I don't know how to fix it properly.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

What province are you in please?

Are you saying there was a leak that you noticed on Thursday? There is a typo in your first sentence.

Thanks