Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My sister did not provide the N.P.F for her settlement

Customer Question

My sister did not provide the N.P.F for her settlement conference does this disqualify her financials from being used at Trial.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ontario;canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Hopefully tomorrow.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My sister was under the impression the Judge would reschedule the settlement conference and she would have to pay cost but the Judge said were going ahead.My sister has all the financials just couldn't figure out how to put it into the program lawyers use.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Okay
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

What happened at the conference?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Judge said we're going ahead filed an order against my sister used the rough draft of the opposing lawyer went through the first 3 pages of a 7 page financial sent them out to talk then came up with an equalization saying my sister owed 300,000 without doing the last 4 pages of their financials.They were getting crunched for time and the Judge was upset the court staff may have to stay past 5p.m,her main concern is she feels because she didn't file the N.F.P at the settlement conference she won't be able to file it for the trial if it goes to that.Judge told her you have 30 days to either accept of reject and if you reject trial will be in November.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

So does she not want to go to trial?