Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am the plaintiff and am suing my condominium corporation

Customer Question

I am the plaintiff and am suing my condominium corporation for misinformation / not providing information. I want public apology from the condominium corporation. I believe that the small claims court do not offer this remedy. I have received a letter from the judge saying:
"To settlement conference - This court can only award damages, and not the request of plaintiff. Plaintiff to serve and file details of damages claimed."
I understand that I have to file am amendment to my application. How do I calculate damages?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
let me know if you need more information
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

What happened and how did it harm you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you are in US, can you advise on Canadian law?

No I am a lawyer in Canada. That is why I cannot speak on the phone. We cannot do that in Canada.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how come you can talk to me after payment of $59? I am fairly confused as to what you are offering.

I am not offering anything.

I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer. I log in the way you do and I see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

The site offers a phone call service but I do not make phone calls as I've explained.

I don't know what you paid the site but I know that whatever you paid, you will not be charged more if we go up and back by posting like this.

And when we are done and you rate me I get a portion of what you paid the site but you are not charged more then.

Is that a bit clearer now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not know as to what I am getting into. So far you have not answered anything. Can you please see to it that i am not charged for anything and I am not subscribing to any of your services.Let me explore other avenues.Thanks.

Of course you've not received an answer. You never answered my information request.

And I cannot see to anything. I already said I don't work for the site.

If you want to continue that is fine but if not please do not take up any more of my time and deal with customer service.

If you want to continue then answer my question. Here it is again:

What happened and how did it harm you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want to continue. How do I go to customer service?

I will send them a message and ask them to contact you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK -- Thanks