Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My wife a retail manager was accused of adultry by a

Customer Question

my wife a retail manager was accused of adultry by a coworker who called human resources to lodge the complaint. my wif's districte manager will not identify the complaintant.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ontario, canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: a identified coworker a month earlier accused another coworker to his face of this same accusation of adultry. The distric manager called all 3 into an office and got an apology, now this week my wife finds out from the district manager of the hr complaint
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

I am not quite sure of your question though. Are you asking whether your wife can compel the employer to reveal the name of the complainant?

What I also don't understand is how this can be an issue for the manager. Why would the employer care?

Was your wife disciplined?