Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I will be purchasing a home in the coming weeks. The

Customer Question

I will be purchasing a home in the coming weeks. The situation is that the owner of the home has died and the property is now owned by the bank. The problem is that the previous owners daughter and another man are still living in the house even though they do not have any legal right to it. What can I do to get these people out of the home when I purchase it? Is there a process to get the people removed once I gain possession of the property? Can you give me an estimate of the costs and the amount of time to see this process through? Can I offer them some kind of cash settlement and do you recommend doing something like that?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Who did you buy the house from? Was it the person, the estate or the bank?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't purchased the home yet but will most likely be buy it next week and will be purchasing it from the bank as far as I know.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound rude but you apparently haven't even read the question. I stated two times that I don't own the home yet and I just want to cancel this transaction and not be charged. I'm not even going to leave a review good or bad I hope you understand but I'm just going to seek help elsewhere.

When a layperson says they will be purchasing a house in a few weeks they almost always mean that there has been an offer and an acceptance but that the closing has not yet taken place. I assumed based on your post that this is what you were talking about.

Of course you are not going to rate me. There was no answer.

I don't work for the site though. I am a practicing lawyer and I just log into the site the way you do. I see a list of questions and choose which to answer. I have nothing to do with your being charged but you've been charged as this is not a free site. If you want a refund contact customer service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want to cancel this whole transaction. Ive already been charged $5 which is fine but I don't want to be charged anymore money than that. If we just end this right here will I be charged any more money?

As I said I don't work for the site. I have no idea what you will be charged.

Please contact customer service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok sorry to waste your time goodbye