Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

What are the legal guidelines around prostitution in Ontario

What are the legal guidelines around prostitution in Ontario currently?

The legal guidelines in Ontario are the same as they are in every other province across Canada, as the Criminal Code of Canada which governs the nation deals with the subjectmatter.

Communicating to purchase sex, in any circumstances, is now illegal under s.286.1 of the Criminal Code.

Obtaining sexual services for consideration

• 286.1 (1) Everyone who, in any place, obtains for consideration, or communicates with anyone for the purpose of obtaining for consideration, the sexual services of a person is guilty of [the offence]

This article sums it up quite succinctly: http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CommunityPolicing/FamilyProtection/Prostitution/LegalitiesofProstitution.aspx

Hopefully that answers your question, if so, would you kindly provide me with a positive rating

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.