Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I bought a truck for my boyfriend. He had a g1 and just got

Customer Question

I bought a truck for my boyfriend. He had a g1 and just got his g2 . My insurance company refused to insure him and asked him to sign a paper saying he cannot drive. I found out he had a careless driving charges and had to get high risk insurance. He refused to sign up for it saying its too expensive. He wanted me to let him drive around in my truck with no insurance for him on it. He put about 5000.00 of payments into the truck. I told him if he does not buy it I am taking the truck back so I did and sold it. I am now out 3000.00 because of the difference . Can he go to court and ask for his money back???
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

I'm not quite following the facts. Are you asking me whether he can sue you?