Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a fan in my apartment wash room. I have been trying

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a fan in my apartment wash room. I have been trying for over 6 months to get Skyline - the owners - to repair or replace it. 2 people from maintenance came by and did nothing. The fan at times, has made grinding or screeching noises I have voiced my concerns with staff here several times in the last 3 months.I tech came up last Friday or Thursday and finally opened the fan. Massive dust was visible, and he commented the one of the wires was not standard equipment. He told me he would see me this Monday - no show again. Saw him in the lobby on Wednesday and he blew me off again - with "I will come Friday." I called Windsor Fire Dept. - spoke to staff who offered to shuffle paper. Thus I concatenated you.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I am in ON.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes, should I get a private firm to inspect it for me. Or is that something he/she would do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying that your landlord is Skyline? If so have you sent a letter to them about the fan?