How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98976
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can we got a divorce severed from other issues if there is

Customer Question

Can we got a divorce severed from other issues if there is child support in arrears?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes a little bit
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: On this topic nothing
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We can't afford to continue with a lawyer
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Is appropriate child support being paid now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

There is no possibility that the Judge will sign the divorce judgment, even on consent.

The judge is prohibited from signing a divorce judgment unless the Judge is confident that appropriate child support is in place for the child.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions