Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I live in newfóundland. Is it possible to sue the provincial

Customer Question

I live in newfóundland. Is it possible to sue the provincial government?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Sort of
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Its complicated child protection stuff I'm dealing with
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry that you are clearly in a difficult situation.

Please provide me with the basic facts and then I will be able to answer your question correctly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She was removed from our care 6 months ago. The reasons to do so were mistruths.. Omissions and straight up lies. The social worker has went about trying to ruin my life because she has such power and too little brains. My daughter had bad anxiety issues nd depression we were blamed for causing this. We were doing everything we could to help her. Instead we are branded as unfit.. Uncaring.. Violent people and this is just fabricated. I was and still am struggling with anxiety and depression myself and this situation has near brought me over the edge. There is so no end of the suffering mentally..and my daughter is not well and just needs to come home now. I spend everyday crying.. I can't function and the grief is unimaginable. It feels like she has been unjustifiably kidnapped. Its all so wrong. I don't want to sue anyone but I've had 3 car accidents and tonnes of physical pain because and exacerbated by each one.. I was not at fault in any of them so I had to sue. My daughter was in the last one in 2014 with me. She's 13 btw. But the mental pain has been the worst I've ever felt. I feel so wronged. I have a legal aid lawyer to try and get her back when we have court in october but he's not doing much to help. Its like no one believes me this social worker was out to get me and take me down and destroy me just because she could and wanted to.But in actual fact that is 100 percent the case here. Even if that seems improbable.

Has your lawyer presented all of this to the judge when trying to get your daughter back?