Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am a transgender woman who just came to canada 1 month

Customer Question

good morning, i am a transgender woman who just came to canada 1 month ago, i came here as a student under the bridging program of one of the universities in ontario, i submitted my papers as a student and i got in with the help of a man that i met online, i met him 2 years ago and we started to talk and i liked him and he liked me, we entered into a relationship and upon knowing that i am a college graduate i can enter canada as a student to to a masters, so he help me financially arrange my papers and all the expenses needed so i can go to canada, in the end i got my papers and had my visa approved. I am here now in Canada and I found out that we are totally incompatible, he argue after day 2, he is neurotic, talks a lot, pushes me to do things and make me feel unsafe. the result of which is i suffered depression and also i got sick psychosomatic. I had a talk with him today with our incompatibility and he freaked out and he said i need to pay him 25000 CAD for everything that he spent on me because i owe him, I was shocked I never signed a contract, he gave everything to me on his own accord and I never borrowed anything. what should i do i dont feel safe anymore here please help. is there any agency for transgender people that i can go to? please any answer will help
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you living with him?

Are you in school now for the summer term or are you waiting for school to start in September?