Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I wish to transfer a pettion to the supreme court of bc in

Customer Question

I wish to transfer a pettion to the supreme court of bc in Vancouver to Chilliwack for convenience in cross examination of affidavits, I need the exact format to use to transfer the file
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Are you the defendant/respondent?

Does the other party agree?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
respondent, other party will have to agree as it was mandated by the judge

So you are saying the Judge already order that the file be transferred to another court?

Do you have that in order form?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no, they only order the date for completion,
nothing else , this is a simple question that you should answer by saying you need for XXXX and then serve it on the registrar at the other location ans request their acceptance. Now please, lets get this done???

No it is not a simple question at all.

I am opting out.

Expert:  Tom B. replied 3 months ago.

If the judge ordered the transfer then you should not have to file anything. The court registry (not the registrar) should have been told to move the file. If the judge merely told you to get consent by a certain date, then you have to file a consent order.

The forms for a consent order are different between Civil and Family matters. But all forms are available here...

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/supreme_court/practice_and_procedure/acts_rules_and_forms/

You fill the order in and get the other side to sign in agreement at the bottom. You would write that "THIS COURT ORDERS AND BY CONSENT THAT

1. This matter be transferred to the Chilliwack Registry for all purposes."

With signatures at the bottom on signature lines then it is filed in the Vancouver Registry and the file goes.

Registry staff will not give you legal advice but will assist in filling out the form if you need.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Look you donot understand basic rules of court, co be honest with me an and get the specifics and do so right away, but please dont play with me,