Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I went to Dominos Pizza and ordered for Veggie Pizza. I told

Customer Question

I went to Dominos Pizza and ordered for Veggie Pizza. I told the lady who was helping me its veggie no chicken,meat or beef etc. She did confirm that it will have green pepper,onion,mushtroom and tomato. I get my pizza came home and noticed after eating a full slice that it was bacon. I called her back and told her the whole story. She said she will make a new pozza for me or refund my money. I said you should apologise for that. I also file a complaint with dominnos piza complaint centre. Store owner emailed me and apologise that he will refund my money. Dominos complaint called me once during the time of my work. I called them several time and left a message to call me back. No response its very frustating. They do not care at all. I also have the email from the store owner stating that error was done at store level.But no action was taken yet. I am hindu by religion never taste any kind of meat, fish or chicken. I am feeling so stressed by religiously that why they did not feel that they should say sorry sincerely. Please suggest me the next step so that it wont happen with someone else. Please and thanks.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. It is actually pretty sickening.However, I don't really know what you want to see happen. Can you explain a bit more about what you want to see happen here please?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they gave me bacon pizza instead of veggie pizza.As i told them that i am vegeterian. I did file a complaint with Dominos Pizza.No response.
I understand that fully and I also understand how terrible you must feel but what I'm asking is from a legal point of view what do you want to see happen?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want that they should provide me a letter for apology or have to pay me the penality for that.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No i dont want phone service.Please and thanks.
a letter of apology is a good goal.What I suggest you do is send them a letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts and state that if you do not receive a complete written apology and undertaking that all steps will be taken so that this never happens again to you or anyone else you will consider filing a complaint with the human rights tribunal. It is discrimination if They refuse to accommodate your needs. If they do not apologize there is no thought that they care or will do not so the same again in the future.The letter should be sent to the attention of the legal department at the head office of the company.Does that help as a starting point?Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you do not have any I hope that you feel I am entitled to receive a five star rating. However, if you do not feel that i earned a five Star rating please do not hesitate to post back and let me know how I can better assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will still be here for you and you can provide follow-up questions to me and no further charge.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know that letter part. I am wondering if I can do something at city level lodge any complaint. I already told them on the phone regarding legal action. But they did not even call me back.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am i going to get any response please.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not satisfied with the response. I want you please do not charge me that $32 for not getting any satisfied respone. Please and thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not satisfied at all. I want my money back as your online service said in the begining. Please and thanks.

I am sorry. I lost my Internet. I'm happy to continue now. If you want to have a refund please contact customer service. I am a practicing lawyer and I do not work for the site. Rather, I just log into the site the way you do and I see a list of questions to answer.

There is nothing that the city can do for you. If you want to lodge a complaint with the human rights Tribunal that may work.

The city has no jurisdiction over a restaurant that inadvertently gave you bacon and refuses to apologize.

If you want to continue that's fine and if you want a refund go ahead.