Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Me and my husband just got the house 1 month ago. we are

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** and my husband just got the house 1 month ago. we are renovated and lease on the second floor. 1 woman come and take my big room with $600/month. when she came here and see the room she is very nice with the glass and book on her arms. But on the august 1st she move in,she is total different,but isnt important. The important thing is she have alot of stuffs, like dishwasher,ac,... Like fit the apt not for the room. Im very shock when she bring her stuff,she leave all in the kitchen.the walk in closet. I try to tell her like u share the kitchen and walk in closet with 3 peoples,nỏt only u but she still leave it there. If i know she have alot of stuff like that i never lease my room. And she drink and smoke alot.she is lie to me! She told me no drink,no smoke before but now is total different. She turn on the ac and dishwasher but not ask me anything! Now i want she move out,she give me the headache! How can i do that? Just notice her 30 days before and give her back the last mongh deposit or i need to wait to end of her last moth? Thank u!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province is this please?

Is she sharing the kitchen with you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is ontario.
She share the kitchen with 3 more tenants

Is she on a one year lease?

Are the other tenants complaining about her?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, just month by month. But when she move in,she sign the contract: 30 days notice if tenant wants to move out or landlord wants to get back the room. The 2 other tenant they are not home too much so they dídnt see her yet.

So if she is not bothering the other tenants why does it matter if she has the dishwasher etc?

I am just trying to figure out how you can evict her.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The important thing is my kitchen is so small and her dishwasher is so big, no one can put anything on the countertop. And cause she drink and drunk every night so i dont want her live hể.
What I need to know is whether she is harming the other tenants. As you don't live there it doesn't matter what you believe as far as the court would say. But if she's disturbing the other tenants that is a different matter.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cause the other tenants they are students so i dont want they learn it from her. And my tenant one of them try to quit smoke thats why its do important. I live here but on the main floor
To some extent you are misunderstanding the law. You don't have a right to ask a tenant to leave unless the tenant has done something wrong. So if the tenant signed a lease that said the tenant would not smoke and then the tenant did smoke then you could evict the tenant. If the tenant is disturbing the other tenants or you then you can evict the tenant. But you cannot even the tenant because the tenant uses all of the cupboard or counterspace. If your other tenants start to complain that would be another matter.The law protects the tenant and you need legal grounds to evict tenant.Do you see what I mean?Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions that you may have. If you do not have any follow-up questions then I hope I have earned a five star rating. However, if you do not feel that I have them please do not hesitate to let me know how I can better assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will still be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions later on if you think of them at no further charge.

Do you need any further assistance at this point in time?