Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a Canadian citizen, living overseas, and recently

Customer Question

I am a Canadian citizen, living overseas, and recently married to a Russian. What should I do to get her a PR? How long does it take? I am a expecting a baby by April 2017. How easy and quick would it be to claim his Canadian nationality, if he's born overseaes?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Are you planning on moving back with your spouse?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No plan to head back at this point.

Then she cannot become a permanent resident.

You can sponsor her as your spouse only when you are moving back to Canada.

Your son is automatically a Canadian citizen no matter where he is born because you are.

When he is born you can apply for proof of citizenship with the government and then a few weeks or so later you will get it. You can then get him a passport when you wish.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.