How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98976
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I sign a peace bond how does it affect my travel out of

Customer Question

If I sign a peace bond how does it affect my travel out of Canada?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Need to know the answer today before 3 pm.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

There is no reason why you cannot leave Canada.

The peace bond is just about your agreeing to keep the peace. It has nothing at all to do with restricting your leaving Canada.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My question is what shows up when my passport is scanned at the border entering the U.S.A? Also, what shows up when I travel to other countries at their Customs and Immigration clearance?
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Were you charged with assault?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
domestic assault and they are asking me to sign a peace bond
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, the domestic assault charge will show up on CPIC which means the officer at the border when you try to enter the US we all know that you have been charged with assault.

That does not mean to say that you will be denied entry to the US. Rather, it means that you have to provide the documentation you have that shows you have not to been convicted and you can show that you signed the peace bond voluntarily.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. What happens if I travel to Spain, France, etc. at entry at their customs and immigration?
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I don't know. I don't know the law in Spain or France. I'm a lawyer in Canada.

You can contact the Spanish or French Embassy to ask.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more that I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions