Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My 30 year old son and his girlfriend and child have been

Customer Question

My 30 year old son and his girlfriend and child have been living in my home for a year or so. We allowed them to stay here until they got on their feet. The girlfriend like to stir up trouble with my other daughters and the fighting is escalating. They do not have anywhere else to go due to bad credit, but I can no longer allow this to continue. They have made little effort to improve their finances, and have used our phone number so we now get constant calls from creditors. We can't answer the phone anymore. I have told my son that my wife and I want them to move out. My son claims that it would be illegal to throw him out!
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario, Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Only that we have had to call the police in the past due to his violent tendencies.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Does your son say why it would be illegal in his view to turf him? Is he on title to the property, or has a lease, or something else like that?

I'm still here if you want to discuss your matter.

If you've found help elsewhere, or don't need this site's services anymore, you could ask the site for deposit to be refunded (if you made one).