Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Human rights Tag: Confusion on Ontario Roads Demand that all

Customer Question

Human rights
Tag: Confusion on Ontario Roads
Demand that all vehicles that use Ontario Roads be Licensed and Insured for liability.
Motorized vehicles must be insured and licensed by law. Since most Cities in Ontario are providing bike runways on or beside Ontario roads the same responsibility/legal determination must be equally applied to sers of bikes on these roads
Steven Kaszab *****
Bradford, ont ***@******.***
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your post.

I don't know you are making a statement or asking a question however.

Can you please set of the basic facts and then let me know what your question is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there an legal inequity...motorized vehicles require licensing and insurance but bikes that use the same roads do not. Is there a legal inequity here. something to build upon?

There is no legal inequity. You are talking about two completely different types of vehicles. You are talking about a motorized vehicle versus one that is not motorized. This has nothing to do with using a bike lane or where someone can ride a bike or motorized vehicle it is simply the case that motorized vehicles must be licenced.

As well there is never any way that a bike lane can be accessed all the time and entering regular roads is inevitable.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow questions you may have. If you do not have any follow-up questions I hope that I have earned a five star rating. If you do not feel that I have earned a five star rating please do not hesitate to let me know how I can better assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will still be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions later on without any further charge.

Is there something more I can help you with?