Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

The child custody order stars that I have custody he has

Customer Question

The child custody order stars that I have custody he has access....if it's a long weekend then the parent who has access gets it...right now our child is with him on vacation access which ends on at 630 pm...Monday is a long weekend....who gets monday
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He usually takes his weekend access and then will ask for a week...he has basically kept our son every weekend in July.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

I am not able to speak to you on the telephone. The rules of my law society prohibit me from doing so. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US.

Can we continue by posting up and over the site?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pls send response

From the wording of what you've provided he has your son on the long weekend so he gets the Monday. I know it was not the weekend access but the point of the order seems to say that the child is not switched mid-weekend when there is a long weekend.

I know that is not what you were hoping to hear but at least you should should know that this will apply to you as well and there are plenty of long weekends throughout the year.

Does that answer your question even though it is not what you were hoping to hear?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating even though I could not tell you what you wanted to hear, but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont think i made it clear....he got his access weekend then he has 7 days for vacation which he conveniently ensures that he has the child over my access weekend...i totally agree if the ling weekend is in the middle of the 7 day vacation access but this day was past his 7 days +his own was tied to my access weekend which he appropriated so still struggling to understand how you feel it is his day....not being crazy..just trying to understand to avoid future conflict

If he had the child over the weekend then my interpretation is that he gets the child on the Monday.

I know the weekend was part of his holiday and not his weekend but he did have access as he had the child all weekend because of the vacation week.

Is there anything more I can help you with? I know I could not tell that I agreed with your interpretation but I am a senior family lawyer and want to help.

This question came back onto my open list. That happens when a customer has replied back and is waiting for me to reply. I don't see your response. If you did provide on then please try again. I am sorry about that.