Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am wondering if the 407 has a statue of limitations, I am

Customer Question

I am wondering if the 407 has a statue of limitations
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I am in ontario
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Just my husband has and outstanding balance that has well exceeded 7 years.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

There is no a limitation period that applies to the debt but it is very complicated and it is not that you simply cannot be sued after two years the way it works for most debts in Ontario.

Rather the limitation period starts when there is first the plate denial. They can sue you for up to two years from that date and not from the date you went into default.

Does this answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Do you need any more help from me at this point?