How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97007
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our fathers estate is held in a Vancouver home valued at

Customer Question

Our fathers estate is held in a Vancouver home valued at 2.6m. Three of the four siblings want to keep the house as an investment while one wants to sell the house and get her inheritance. Is there any recourse for the one to force a sale of the home.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

Who is the executor of the will?

What does the will say should be done with the house, if anything?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A brother and a sister act as the executors. The will gives no specific instructions relating to the timing of any sale.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The father passed 1 1/2 years ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Does the will say that the house is inherited by the foyr children or does the will say that all of the assets are shared by the children equally? What I'm trying to figure out is if there are specific instructions stated that the house itself goes to the siblings.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to get back to you
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.


Related Canada Law Questions